Happy June and Summer
Lets hope June is good for all of us
- The Patras – Ithaca- Kefalonia ferry route commences today
- Later this week we are expecting an announcement on UK travel although sadly its not expected Kefalonia will turn green until the next announcement at the end of June.
- The start of June sees the opening of many taverna’s and beach bars around the island
- The last month has seen a significant uptake in vaccination on the island with 58% of adults now having had at least 1 dose and 40% fully vaccinated.
- Cases have generally been at low numbers and schools have successfully reopened with only minor impact
- Those vaccinated in Greece can now get EU covid certificate to make travel easier
So lets hope Boris and Co open travel later this month so the islands businesses and tourists can enjoy the high Summer months.