Corfu, 10 September 2019
IONIAN ISLANDS PRESS INFORMATION OFFICE
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (758) persons were arrested and (193) cases related to attempted homicide, theft and burglary, trafficking and possession of drugs, and other offenses.
In the context of the continuous information of the citizens on the results of the police response, the services of the Ionian Islands Regional Police Directorate General for the period of August 2019, information on the total arrests and searches in Corfu, Zakynthos, Zakynthos and Lefkada as well as the most important cases employed by the police.
1. A total of 758 individuals were arrested, of which (107) in Kefalonia, (383) in Corfu, (171) in Zakynthos and (97) in Lefkada.
Of these arrests, one stands out for attempted homicide, (60) more for drug trafficking and possession, and (64) arrests for violations of other legislation.
2. A total of (193) cases were resolved from which:
( 1 ) Attempted homicide
(33) cases of theft and burglary
(48) drug trafficking and possession cases; and
( 111 ) for other offenses
3. In the course of investigating the cases occupied by the police services, several items were seized from them :
|Raw cannabis||3 .458 grams|
Indicatively, the cases that were solved during the period considered include:
Arrests, on 30-08-2019 of sixteen (16) foreigners, at Zakynthos and Kefalonia airports, who attempted to travel illegally to European countries
The arrests, on 13-08-2019, during a police operation of four foreign nationals for heroin trafficking in Zakynthos.
Arrest of a national on 13-08-2019 for trafficking hemp in Corfu.
The extermination, on 03-08-2019, a case of attempted homicide in Corfu.