IONIAN ISLANDS PRESS INFORMATION OFFICE
Corfu, 05 March 2020
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (418) people were arrested and (89) cases involving theft and burglary, drug trafficking and possession, and other offenses were settled.
In the context of the continuous information of the citizens on the results of the police response, the services of the Ionian Islands Regional Police Directorate General for the period of February 2020, public information on all arrests and searches in Corfu, Zakyna, Zakynthos and Lefkada as well as the most important cases employed by the police.
1. A total of 418 individuals were arrested, of which (307) in Corfu, (59) in Zakynthos, (21) in Kefalonia and (31) in Lefkada.
Of these arrests, (19) for burglary, (30) for drug trafficking and possession, and (58) arrests of illegal aliens.
2. A total of (89) cases have been resolved, of which:
(27) cases of theft and burglary
(26) drug trafficking and possession cases; and
(36) for other offenses
3. In the course of investigating the cases occupied by the police services, several items were seized from them :
|Raw hemp||994 grams|
Indicatively, the cases that were solved during the period considered include:
Arrest of a citizen in Corfu on 06-02-2020 for drug trafficking.
The arrest of five (5) foreigners on 15-02-2020 for heroin trafficking in Zakynthos.
Arrest of a national on 18-02-2020 for motorcycle theft, arson and possession of drugs in Corfu.
The arrest of two (2) nationals, on 27-02-2020, for theft in Zakynthos.