IONIAN ISLANDS PRESS INFORMATION OFFICE
Corfu, 4 January 2020
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (277) people were arrested and (57) cases involving human trafficking, rape and robbery, theft and burglary, drug trafficking and possession, and other offenses were settled.
During the period of December 2019, information on all arrests and exterminations in Corfu, Zakynthos, Zakynthos, as part of the ongoing public information on the results of the police response of the Ionian Islands Regional Police Directorate, is being made public. and Lefkada as well as the most important cases employed by the police.
1. A total of 277 people were arrested, of which (178) in Corfu, (44) in Zakynthos, (32) in Lefkada and (23) in Kefalonia.
These include (4) cases of trafficking in human beings, rape and robbery, (26) trafficking and possession of drugs, (12) thefts and burglaries, and (36) arrests for violations of aliens’ laws.
2. A total of (57) cases were resolved, distinguishing them from:
(1) the case of human trafficking, rape and kidnapping
(11) Cases of theft and burglary
(25) drug trafficking and possession cases; and
(20) for other offenses
3. In the course of investigating the cases occupied by the police services, several items were seized from them :
|Raw cannabis||428.45 grams|
|Amount of money||6,135 euros|
Indicatively, the cases that were solved during the period considered include:
Arrest of a national on 08-12-2019 , for heroin trafficking in Corfu.
Arrests of three (3) persons, on 12-12-2019 , for drug trafficking and possession in Zakynthos.
The arrests of a total of eleven (11) individuals for violations of gaming legislation on 13-12-2019 in Lefkada and 18-12-2019 in Corfu.
The arrests of three people on 20-12-2019 , for drug trafficking and possession in Kefalonia.
The arrests of a total of four foreigners, on 26-12-2019 , as appropriate for trafficking in human beings, rape and kidnapping of a foreigner in Lefkada.