IONIAN ISLANDS OF INFORMATION OFFICERS
Corfu, 05 June 2020
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (347) people were arrested and (59) cases involving kidnapping and rape, theft and burglary, drug trafficking and possession, and other offenses were investigated.
In the context of the continuous information of the citizens, regarding the results of the police response, of the services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Ionian Islands, for the period of May 2020, data are published concerning all arrests and searches in Corfu, Zakynthos, Kefalonia and Lefkada as well as the most important cases that concerned the police services.
1. A total of (347) people were arrested, of which (250) in Corfu, (52) in Zakynthos, (25) in Kefalonia and (20) in Lefkada.
Among these arrests are a rape case, (11) for burglary, (17) for drug trafficking and possession, and (29) for the arrest of illegal aliens.
2. A total of (59) cases were identified, of which the following stand out:
(15) cases of theft and burglary
(1) case of abduction and rape
(15) cases of drug trafficking and possession and
(28) for other offenses
3. During the investigation of the cases that occupied the Police Services, various objects were confiscated, among which stand out :
|Raw hemp||(48) grams|
Indicatively, among the cases that were investigated during the examined period, the following stand out:
The investigation of a drug trafficking case, on 27-05-2020 in Zakynthos .
The arrest of a citizen in Corfu, on 23-05-2020, against whom a warrant was issued for the arrest of the Corfu Investigation Authority, for the crime of kidnapping and rape.
Filing case, on 16.05.2020 against a citizen, for illegal possession of firearms in Zakynthos