IONIAN ISLANDS JOURNALISM INFORMATION OFFICE
Corfu, October 08, 2019
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (518) people were arrested and (166) cases involving attempted robbery, theft and burglary, drug trafficking and possession, and other offenses were solved.
During the period of September 2019, public information on the arrests and exhumations in Corfu, Zakynthos, Zakynthos, in the context of ongoing information on the results of the police response to the services of the Ionian Islands Regional Police Directorate, are being made public. and Lefkada as well as the most important cases employed by the police.
1. A total of 518 individuals were arrested, of which (73) in Kefalonia, (240) in Corfu, (169) in Zakynthos and (36) in Lefkada.
Of these arrests, three are (3) for attempted robbery, (57) for drug trafficking and possession, (10) for theft and burglary, and (90) arrests for violations of aliens law.
2. A total of (166) cases were resolved from which:
( 1 ) Attempted robbery
(15) cases of theft and burglary
(53) drug trafficking and possession cases; and
(97) for other offenses
3. In the course of investigating the cases occupied by the police services, several items were seized from them :
|Raw cannabis||22,393 grams|
|Types of trade||791|
|Amount of money||25,610 euros|
Indicatively, the cases that were solved during the period considered include:
The arrest on 30-09-2019 of a foreigner for cocaine trafficking in Corfu.
The extermination, on 20-09-2019 case of attempted robbery in Lefkada.
The disarmament, on 10-09-2019 of a drug trafficking gang in Corfu.
The arrests of thirteen (13) foreigners on 05-09-2019 at the airports of Zakynthos and Corfu, which attempted to travel illegally to European countries.