This is a cooperation program of the Municipality and the Port Authority, with a budget of 694,400.00 Euros with the aim of alleviating the heavy traffic in the city of Argostoli by finding parking spaces at any time with the click of a mobile phone through an application.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT: to install a modern system for controlling and managing highway parking as well as systems to facilitate the mobility of people with visual impairments in the context of the full implementation of new technologies.
The main purpose of the Municipality of Argostoli is to collect information from all parking spaces digitally in order to inform drivers of parking availability and timely identification of infringements in parking and pedestrian crossings.
The subject of the procurement, which is described in detail in the Technical Specification & Technical Issues and other conventional issues, includes the following:
– Supply of Central Control Station software and licenses as well as communication in accordance with the Technical Specifications and Technical Description.
– Supply of Central Control Station equipment (Server, monitor, UPS, network equipment) in accordance with the Technical Specifications and Technical Description.
– Supply and installation of 464 Vehicle Tracking Sensors which will be installed in the outdoor parking spaces which are fully specified in the Technical Specifications and Technical Description.
– Supply and installation of four (4) surveillance cameras which will be installed at the outdoor parking stations and fully specified in the Technical Specifications and Technical Description.
– Supply and installation of six (6) Variable Message Boards which will be installed at the offshore and offshore entrances and are fully specified in the Technical Specifications and Technical Description.
– Supply and installation of three (3) acoustic signal generators for persons with impaired vision and blind who will be installed at the intersection of Georgiou Ave.
– Trial operation of the systems for one (1) month.
– Education – Documentation.
– One year warranty.
FUNCTIONALITY OF ACTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ITS RESULTS
The proposal aims to alleviate traffic congestion with a ‘smart’ and integrated traffic management system, as well as to facilitate the mobility of pedestrians.
The achievement of the above objective will be achieved by installing a modern system of control and management of the same parking. The smart Car Parking Management System is a key feature of digital service organization. Searching for
parking, identifying infringements in parking lots and sidewalks and
data gathering takes place on digital media In general, the System is a solution to the problems of managing the existing parking network,
which are exacerbated by the continuous increase in vehicle traffic, irregular driving behavior, saturation of existing sites and heterogeneous network use. in the year.
Upon completion of the project, the benefits for the Municipality of Argostoli are expected to be:
1. The regulation of the parking network based on the needs of the Municipality and the citizens. The adjustment process will have a solid basis in the knowledge of the statistical data that
the system will produce.
2. The most direct and efficient coverage of infringements by the competent supervisory bodies.
3. On the basis of the above, the fuel consumption limitation of the Municipality of Argostoli, because the control vehicles will be driven when the system informs them of violations.
BENEFITS FOR RESIDENTS AND VISITORS OF THE CITY OF ARSOSTOLI WILL:
1. Improve their quality of life. In particular, increasing the mobility of special groups of the population, in particular disabled people, pregnant women and families who will be
able to safely find special parking spaces across the network.
2. Timely information to drivers about the availability of parking spaces. Drivers will be able to check the availability of parking spaces before they start.
3. This will reduce the burden on the road network as well as the users, since they have the option to avoid unnecessary traffic to the congested sections of the parking lot.
4. Reduce the cost of car use and urban pollution by restricting the movement of drivers to find a parking space.
5. The reduction of passenger car use, mainly due to the speed of detection of illegal parking and the imposition of a corresponding fine.
BENEFITS FOR BUSINESSES:
Existence of free parking spaces in the areas where the project will be implemented facilitating the operation of the commercial area of the Municipality of Argostoli (using the same location from more than one car) and the possibility for easy and quick access to the shops. Also, checking the
loading and unloading sites facilitates a smooth process and helps reduce congestion.
The observer of the city council
Source – this article has been reproduced from kefaloniamagazine.gr