Police raided four houses yesterday, Christmas Eve, after allegations of rallies and non-compliance with measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Twelve people were arrested, being driven to the truck, while owners and participants were fined. Among the above cases were a party in Kefalonia and the setting up of illegal gambling in Zakynthos.
In particular, in Zakynthos, nine people were arrested in a hut, which they had turned into a “club” and were playing the gambling “Thanasis”. As if that were not enough, three ammonia dynamite bobbins and 105 meters of wick were found in the area, while a shotgun with four cartridges was found and confiscated in the vehicle of one of the arrested. Also, 3,225 euros, 12 decks were confiscated, while fines totaling 8,400 euros were imposed (3,000 euros to the organizer and 300 to the participants). The arrested were taken to the Public Prosecutor of Zakynthos.
In Kefalonia, specifically in Argostoli, two people were arrested, accused of non-compliance with the Covid-19 dispersal measures and illegal possession of weapons and drugs, as they had organized a “private” party at home, where, among other things, two shotguns and ammunition were found and confiscated. a rifle with twelve bullets, which the owner illegally possessed, as well as a small amount of raw cannabis. A fine of 3,000 euros was also imposed on the party organizer and 300 euros on six participants.
The other two houses where the raid took place were in Lefkada and Evia, where there were illegal gatherings and fines of 3,000 euros were imposed on the two homeowners and 300 euros on six in Lefkada and ten in Evia.
Yesterday, Thursday, December 24, 84,558 inspections were carried out throughout the country, of which 12,524 at the Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”.
A total of 2,241 violations were confirmed and seven arrests were made.
Of the infringements confirmed:
- The 1,804 concerned travel restrictions and an equal number of fines of 300 euros were imposed. The 539 violations were confirmed in Attica and 207 in Thessaloniki. Since the entry into force of the measure (November 7), a total of 56,744 similar violations have been confirmed.
- The 416 concerned non-use of a mask and other related violations and 394 fines of 300 euros and 22 of 150 euros were imposed. Since the entry into force of the new measures (November 7), a total of 22,325 similar infringements have been confirmed and 21,083 administrative fines of (300) euros and (1,242) of (150) euros have been imposed.
- 19 violations and 7 arrests for rules of operation of stores, private companies and other violations of the relevant legislation (prohibition of operation, non-use of mask, percentage of square meter per person, obligation to present customers only by appointment-clickaway, etc.). In the above cases, administrative fines were imposed for violation of suspension of operation, etc. related infringements of the relevant provisions.
In Attica, the following fines were imposed:
- 5,000 euros and a 15-day suspension of operation in a tavern,
- 5,000 and 3,000 euros respectively to the owner and temporary manager of a clothing store,
- 5,000 euros and a 15-day suspension of operation in a store of health interest,
- 5,000 and 3,000 euros respectively to the owner and manager of a convenience store and
5,000 euros and a 15-day suspension of operation in a tavern.
It is noted that in the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace, a fine of 5,000 was imposed on an individual for violating quarantine.
Finally, two violations were confirmed for non-completion of the electronic form PLF (Passenger Locator Form) by a traveler, while since the implementation of the new measures (November 7) a total of 20 similar violations have been confirmed.
The inspections continue with undiminished intensity for the protection of public health.