The Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis announced this morning the announcement of new measures, as happened at noon, with the Civil Protection Secretary announces to download new restrictions to address the epidemic of the coronavirus.
Among other things, Mr. Hardalias announced the imposition of restrictions on the operation of restaurants and bars in the Attica Region, including the islands of the Saronic Gulf and Kythira, until August 24.
New measures to reduce coronavirus transmission
- Limit of 50 people for public and social events , except those to which special rules apply, such as restaurants, theaters, cinemas, until August 24, in epidemiologically affected areas.
- Implementation of the whole package of measures in Poros and in Paros and Antiparos until August 24, with the only difference being the closing of the stores at midnight instead of 11:00 p.m.
- This means: Suspension of any kind of event, ban on the operation of all health stores from 12:00 pm to 7:00 am, ban on any kind of gathering of citizens over 9 people for any reason, both public and private space. The dining areas allow a maximum number of people in each table seat up to 4 people, unless they are first-degree relatives where up to 6 people are allowed, and the use of a mask throughout the island is mandatory both indoors and outdoors.
- The package of measures for Poros is extended until August 24 , with the difference that the shops close at midnight, instead of 11:00 p.m.
- Mandatory use of a mask in places of high collaboration within camps, social solidarity structures and places of accommodation of refugees and immigrants.
- Preventive laboratory testing for the new coronavirus for all those returning from leave to care for the elderly and those working in high-income areas (eg in camps, social solidarity structures and accommodation for refugees and migrants) under the responsibility of employers or supervisors.
- The members of the groups at increased risk for serious coronavirus disease who work in the public and private sector will henceforth work with telework or back office , at the choice of the employee, until 31 August.
- Generalized use of a mask for those returning from vacation (from areas with increased cases)
In addition, the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection, Nikos Hardalias, addressed a strong recommendation to all:
- For generalized use of the mask for a week in all areas by those travelers returning from vacation in areas with a burdensome epidemiological picture.
- Recommendation for special attention and emphasis on individual hygiene measures during and after the wave of return from holidays, especially on public transport, such as ships. There will be a great mobilization of the Coast Guard for the observance of the measures and the imposition of the relevant sanctions.
- Recommendation for the use of a mask in all enclosed spaces and the obligation to use a mask in outdoor gatherings, where the indicated distances cannot be observed.
Everything that Nikos Hardalias said in the press conference
Good evening. The data of the last days show the spread of the virus in a series of areas, especially in tourist areas. The same data also show that this dispersion concerns younger ages. And we also know that these young people will soon return from their vacations to their permanent places of residence, in the big urban centers.
The government, as it has done since the beginning of this crisis, is taking the necessary measures, following the suggestions of experts, in order to protect public health. But nothing, no measures, neither the action of the supervisory authorities, nor the fines, can replace the individual responsibility. We have said it again, it is not possible to have a policeman next to everyone in every part of the country. After all, it was the combination of the measures of the state and the individual responsibility of the citizens that made our country an example to the whole world in the first phase. Today, when the second phase of the pandemic is manifesting all over the world, we need to show the same and even greater responsibility.
I want to emphasize the responsibility of young people. It is very, very important for them to take the responsibility to protect, not only themselves, but especially their loved ones, their parents, grandparents, as the Prime Minister stressed.
In order to limit the apparent spread of the pandemic, the following measures have been decided and announced, which will take effect on Monday, August 17 at 06:00 :
In the epidemiologically affected areas, a limit of 50 people is set until August 24 for all public and social events and gatherings, except those to which special rules apply, such as in restaurants, theaters, cinemas.
A ban on the operation of restaurants and entertainment venues from midnight until 7 in the morning and in the Attica Region , including all the islands of the Saronic Gulf and in Kythera , until August 24.
So in the epidemiologically burdened areas, where the restriction of 50 people to public and social events, as well as the ban on the operation of restaurants and entertainment venues from midnight to 7 am, belong to:
– the Region of Crete, the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace and the Region of Attica,
the Regional Units of Thessaloniki, Halkidiki, Larissa and Corfu and
– the Municipalities of Mykonos, Paros, Santorini, Volos, Katerini, Rhodes, Antiparos, Zakynthos and Kos.
Implementation of special measures in Paros and Antiparos from tomorrow , Saturday 15 August at 06:00 until 24 August, namely:
– Suspension of any kind of event.
– Prohibition of any kind of gathering of citizens over 9 people for any reason, both in public and in private.
– In the dining areas a maximum number of people is allowed at each table up to 4 people, unless they are first degree relatives, where up to 6 people are allowed.
– Mandatory use of a mask everywhere, both outdoors and indoors.
– while the restrictions of epidemiologically burdened areas also apply.
Extension until August 24 of the additional measures in force in Poros , with the only difference that the closing of the stores is postponed to midnight, ie at 24:00 instead of the 23:00 that was valid until today.
The first indications, yes, show a small improvement of the epidemiological situation in Poros, but because it takes 2 weeks to be sure of the effectiveness of the measures, that is why it was decided to extend them. In any case, we especially thank the residents of Poros for their cooperation, for their patience, but also for their perseverance. If we continue to be just as consistent in adhering to the measures, the beautiful island of Poros will return to normal very quickly.
Mandatory use of a mask in places of high coloration , inside camps and in social solidarity structures and places of accommodation of refugees and immigrants.
All those returning from leave to care for the elderly and those working in high-income areas (eg in camps, social solidarity structures and refugee and migrant accommodation) must undergo a preventive laboratory test for the new coronavirus responsible for their superiors.
Finally, members of high-risk coronary heart disease groups working in the public and private sectors will henceforth work in telework or back office, at the employee’s choice, until 31 August.
In addition, there is a strict recommendation for generalized mask use for a week in all areas from those travelers returning from vacation to areas with a burdensome epidemiological picture.
Special attention and emphasis on personal hygiene measures is recommended during and after the wave of return from vacation, especially on public transport such as ships. There will be a great mobilization of the port for the observance of the measures and the imposition of the relevant sanctions.
It is also reminded that there is a strong recommendation for the use of a mask in all enclosed spaces and an obligation to use a mask in outdoor gatherings where the indicated distances cannot be observed.
In addition, I would like to point out and emphasize the fact that tomorrow is one of the most important days for our church. The Assumption of the Virgin Mary is celebrated by all of us Orthodox Christians in every corner of the country. This year and this day will be different. We will celebrate it as the circumstances require. Adhering to all the health rules recommended by the experts, as Archbishop Ieronymos pointed out in a recent statement. We celebrated in even more difficult conditions, in conditions of complete lockdown, Holy Week and Easter and showed great self-discipline with a huge contribution of the church leadership. We are called to do the same now. Fully adhering to the rules recommended by experts for our temples. Keeping the number, the distances and wearing the protective masks.
It is reminded that the use of a protective mask is recommended for any place where high color is expected in view of the ceremonies and celebrations of the 15th of August. It is also reminded that the restriction of one person per 5 sq.m. applies. with a minimum distance of 1.5 meters inside the temples, while the maximum number of people for temples is 500 sq.m. and over are 100 people.
In order to inform all citizens about the current measures, a relevant information message will be sent nationwide from 112 in the next 24 hours, as well as targeted messages in the areas that seem to have higher epidemiological loads than others and more specific measures will apply.
In closing, I feel the need to address young people again. Not as a member of the Government, not as someone who is at the forefront of dealing with the pandemic along with thousands of others, but mainly as a father.
You are not invulnerable. Neither you nor your friends, but most of all, are not invulnerable and your parents and grandparents are in danger.
You are at a special age, which we have all gone through, and which is characterized by carelessness. It makes sense to want to live each day intensely and uniquely. Do it, but do it carefully. So as not to endanger the life of someone you know. So that you are not unintentionally responsible for the next case.
Especially when returning from your vacation, you have to be doubly careful. That is why for at least a week we wear masks everywhere, keep our distance and stay away from people who belong to vulnerable groups.
Make a difference. Observe the measures. To stop the spread of the virus here. To avoid a second wave of the pandemic.
My dear fellow citizens,
The next 24 hours, the next days will be critical. They will also be the ones who will judge the course and outcome of things in this phase of the evolution of the pandemic, of our battle with the invisible enemy.
And the message, the demand, the goal is one: to stay healthy and not have to take measures that will be disastrous for our economy, for our businesses, for our families, for our homeland.
Let it be clear.
If each and every one of us from today and for the next days wears his mask and keeps his distance,if those returning from holiday in particular stay away from people who may be at risk by taking protective measures,if each of us avoids coloration and relaxes, rests, has fun observing protective measures,then and only then will we have won this battle as well.
source – iefimerida.gr