The briefing of the Ministry of Health on the coronavirus is in progress , by the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection and Crisis Management Nikos Hardalia and the Assistant Professor of the Medical School of EKPA and member of the Committee of Experts of the Ministry of Health, Gika Majorkinis.
Vassilis Kontozamanis and the Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Domna Michailidou are participating in the briefing, who will announce the strengthening of protection measures in nursing homes.
It is noted that shortly before the start of the briefing at the Ministry of Health, EODY announced 270 new cases and 5 deaths in the last 24 hours in our country.
Hardalias: “Emergency measures in Lesvos & Zakynthos”
As Nikos Hardalias informed, taking into account the epidemiological data of the last days, from Saturday morning at 06:00, emergency measures are imposed in Lesvos and Zakynthos.
In other words, the following measures are applied:
- Suspension of any kind of event, such as parties, trade fairs, processions, public markets, etc.
- Prohibition of any kind of gathering of citizens over 9 people for any reason, both in public and in private.
- The dining areas allow a maximum number of people at each table up to 4 people, unless they are first-degree relatives where up to 6 people are allowed.
- It is mandatory to use a mask everywhere, both outdoors and indoors
- At the same time, the special regime in Paros, Antiparos, Peripheral Unit of Halkidiki and Chania is extended for 14 days. While, finally, in the epidemiologically burdened areas, the Regional Unit of Imathia is added and the following measures are imposed:
Ban on the operation of restaurants and entertainment venues from midnight until 7 in the morning.
- A maximum of 50 people for all public and social events and gatherings, except those to which special rules apply, such as in restaurants, theaters, cinemas.
- Finally, the measures in the P.E. are extended for another 14 days. Crete, Thessaloniki, Attica, Larissa, Karditsa, Pieria and in the Municipalities of Volos, Rhodes, Kos.
“Our decisions are based on epidemiological data. We do not discriminate for any area “, Nikos Hardalias underlined characteristically.
Hardalias: “The measures extended for another 14 days”
The Undersecretary of Civil Protection also announced that the mandatory use of the mask is extended for another 14 days indoors outside restaurants and gyms.
Specifically, Mr. Hardalias are extended for 14 days:
- The restrictions on the number of customers in the stores depending on the square footage
- The obligatory use of a mask indoors
- The protection measures on beaches
- The measures for the churches
- The suspension of festivals and open events is extended, the suspension of events with a standing audience
- Suspension of visits to hospitals, nursing homes
- The measures for keeping distances in government offices
- The sampling control of inputs from abroad is extended until 15/9
- The validity of the conditions for entry from the land border is extended
- As far as travel instructions are concerned, special measures for entry into the country of permanent residents of Israel are still in force, while increased controls will be carried out on travelers from Sweden, Belgium, Romania, Malta, Albania, Northern Macedonia, Spain. On the other hand, the negative coronavirus test is no longer valid for those coming from the Netherlands.
Hardalias: “Flights from Barcelona – Worryingly great positivity”
Then, Nikos Hardalias spoke about the special situation created with Spain: “We had decided a few weeks ago the mandatory demonstration of a negative test for those coming from Spain. Two weeks later, we noticed an increased rate of positivity in those arriving from Spain.
There was a negative test, but an increased rate of positivity in the same travelers. These are overwhelmingly travelers from the north of the country. As a first step we stop flights from Barcelona and the greater Catalonia area. Meanwhile, the strict controls on those arriving from Spain continue “.
Majorkinis: “Silent bodies of those returning from vacation”
The consistently high cases in our country, based on the current data, as well as the number of intubated patients, show a slight upward trend of the epidemiological curve, noted the assistant professor of the Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology of the Medical School of EKPA and member of the Committee. Experts of the Ministry of Health Gikas Majorkinis, at the beginning of today’s regular briefing with the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection and Crisis Management Nikos Hardalia and the Deputy Minister of Health Vassilis Kontozamanis. Undersecretary of Health Domna Michailidou also participated in today’s briefing, announcing measures for nursing homes.
He also referred to the young age of people with cases, with mild or no symptoms, pointing out that we have a prolonged circulation and dispersion of people 20-30 years old, who are “silent” carriers and therefore difficult to trace.
He stressed once again the need for young people, especially those returning from vacation, to limit social contacts and wear a mask, in order to dramatically reduce the spread in the familiar environment. He noted that the control of the epidemic is a social effort, adding that the interventions have a dual purpose, the control of the pandemic and at the same time the maintenance of social activity.
Source – iefimerida.gr