The possibility, which was announced last January by the Prime Minister himself, to get a driver’s license gives the 17-year-old bill of the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure “Driving Safely” Specifically provided:
The new minimum age to follow theoretical and practical training, ie 17 years and the possibility of candidates who have completed the seventeenth (17 th ) years of age and have completed the minimum number of hours of theoretical training category B vehicles take part in theoretical examinations, but also in practical tests,
Establishment of the ability to drive with an escort to those candidate drivers who have reached the age of 17 and successfully complete the practical test. Specifically, it is envisaged to grant a temporary license for minors prospective drivers to complete the 18 th year of age, when the given normal license form. The specific terms and conditions of driving with an escort will be determined by a ministerial decision, which will be issued within 2 months from the entry into force of the law (so that there are no delays and no gaps in the implementation of the regulation).
At the same time, a single age limit for drivers of trucks or public or private buses is established, ie a maximum age of 69 years, as well as a maximum age for school bus drivers of 65 years.
According to the ministry
The proposed draft law seeks, among other things, to reform the framework governing the training, theoretical examination and practical testing of prospective drivers and drivers for the issuance of driving licenses.
The main objectives are 4:
A. Upgrading the training of prospective drivers, so that the driver is better prepared to go on the road, once he obtains his driver’s license.
B. Enhancing Transparency, in order to put a “brake” on corruption phenomena.
C. Ensuring the integrity of the Examination process.
D. Promotion of Road Safety through actions.
What the Draft Law “Driving Safely” provides in DETAIL:
The purpose of the part of the draft law concerning driving licenses (Part B ‘), is to deal with corruption and opacity of the driving test system, to modernize the training material and the testing process in order to promote road safety of the country, through the formation of a modern framework of theoretical and practical training and examination of candidate drivers and drivers, as well as the establishment of a system of control and supervision of procedures and evaluation of examiners .
In the context of achieving the above, the following shall be adopted, inter alia:
a. Establish new minimum age to follow theoretical and practical training, ie 17 years and the possibility of candidates who have completed the seventeenth (17 a ) years of age and have completed the minimum number of hours of theoretical training category B vehicles to take part in theoretical examinations but also in practical tests,
b. Establishment of the ability to drive with an escort to those candidate drivers who have reached the age of 17 and successfully complete the practical test. Specifically, it is envisaged to grant a temporary license for minors prospective drivers to complete the 18 th year of age, when the given normal license form. The specific terms and conditions of driving with an escort will be determined by a ministerial decision, which will be issued within 2 months from the entry into force of the law (so that there will be no delay and no gaps in the implementation of the regulation).
c. Special theoretical training for specific categories of candidate drivers , such as drivers who have not completed compulsory training, with special educational needs, who have been recognized as beneficiaries of international protection and who are deaf and hard of hearing , using special training material, which will include indicative manual in digital format with sound, images, sketches, real photos, text and video even in Greek sign language.
d. The material of the theoretical training is restructured and simplified , in order to better understand and strengthen the critical thinking of the candidate drivers and understanding of issues and situations of road safety, which will be the subject of a relevant ministerial decision.
e. It is foreseen the availability of the Questionnaires of the theoretical examinations in languages other than Greek (which will be determined with the issuance of a relevant ministerial decision), in Greek with the use of audio headphones as well as in the Greek sign language.
f. The control of the conduct of the theoretical examinations is tightened , in order to correct the distortions and problems of the existing system, with the definition of identity check in two stages, while the use of electronic means for entry in the examination system is foreseen, ie the use of digital credentials with identification. two factors through the Single Digital Portal of Public Administration.
g. Informing candidates using audiovisual material about the examination process, banning the use of mobile phones, headphones or any other electronic communication device, any other electronic device or smart device, such as electronic watches, etc., to prohibit the removal of candidates the position of their examination for any reason, before the completion of the theoretical examination and the last candidate, as well as the penalties imposed in case of any violation (as to be determined by a relevant ministerial decision).
h. Sampling of the identity of candidate drivers and drivers , for the performance of which the photo included in the D.E.E. of the candidate with a digital photograph taken at the entrance of the candidate to the examination center by a camera used only for this purpose, ensuring the safe processing of personal data and following the guidelines of the Personal Data Protection Authority.
i. Special theoretical examination of people who have not completed compulsory education , people with special educational needs and those who do not know the Greek language with the help of personal headphones, as well as special theoretical examination of deaf and hard of hearing candidates with the video displayed on its screen computer and includes, indicatively, the questions, the answers, the figures and the texts translated into the Greek sign language, as well as subtitles.
j. Candidate drivers are given the opportunity to attend practical training courses in new technology vehicles.
ια. Carrying out the practical test of the candidate drivers and drivers by an examiner, whose position is in the front part of the vehicle, in the passenger seat, and in the presence of the instructor of the respective candidate driver, whose position is in the rear part of the vehicle .
ιβ. The practical test of all categories of driving licenses of prospective drivers and drivers is carried out exclusively with the vehicles and motorcycles of the driving schools, on urban roads in which there are degrees of difficulty and conditions similar to those encountered by each driver ,
m. A new practical test framework is defined, while prospective drivers are provided with the right to drive freely for up to five (5) minutes without being subject to evaluation, if they wish, in order to become familiar with the vehicle in which they will be examined.
n. In order to ensure the transparency, reliability, control and supervision of the practical test of the candidate drivers but also of the protection of their personal data, the practical test is recorded using audiovisual media .
In particular, the use of a portable camera, high definition, with the ability to shoot 360 degrees, which has a microphone and a special removable memory card, in which the whole process of the practical test is stored . The camera clearly displays the entire cabin of the vehicle and the participants in the process . The material of the examination is stored on the memory cards (without being transmitted directly in compliance with the guidelines of APDPX), while realistic and at the same time legal retention times are provided.
o. Creation of an Integrated Information System for the support and execution of all the procedures related to the issuance, extension, renewal and management of the driving license or the Certificate of Professional Competence (P.E.I.).
p. A Register of Practitioner Examiners of Candidate Drivers and Guides is compiled and maintained. for the needs of the practical tests carried out by the candidate drivers and drivers from the Transport and Communications Services of the Regions of the country, which includes upon their application on the one hand the already certified by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport active employees – examiners drivers and drivers of all categories of driving license, and on the other hand after the successful attendance of initial training programs all civil servants of category PE and TE. Employees of category DE, who are certified by the National Organization for the Certification of Qualifications and Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP) in the specialty “Trainer of Candidate Drivers and Motorcycles “,
ιζ. A Register of Supervisors is compiled and maintained , for the needs of the supervision and control of the observance of the conditions for conducting the theoretical examinations, the supervision and the control of the practical tests of the candidate drivers and drivers, as well as the evaluation of the work of the examiners, in which its uniformed personnel are registered Hellenic Police as well as the staff of the National Transparency Authority. In case of inability of the uniformed personnel of the Hellenic Police to cover the supervisory task assigned to it, the uniformed personnel of other bodies may be registered in the Register of Supervisors, whose responsibilities include the supervision of the implementation of the Road Traffic Code, ie the uniformed personnel of the Municipal and the uniformed personnel of the Coast Guard – Hellenic Coast Guard.
r. Theoretical training of Examiners and Supervisors from the National Center for Public Administration and Local Government and practical training of Examiners that includes the handling of the equipment of the educational vehicle.
ιθ. Increase in Examiners ‘ compensation and provision for Supervisors’ compensation for their participation in the examinations
k. Establishment of a Supervision and Objections Committee , consisting of an official holding the position of Head of Directorate of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport or Head of the Road Traffic and Safety Directorate of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport and a member of the Supervisor Register. remote supervision and provision for their compensation.
Mrs. The remote surveillance consists on the remote sampling control or remote control of a complaint or objection, practice Applicants assay and guides , the remote sample check identification of candidate drivers by theoretical consideration, the examination of candidate drivers claims and guides against the effect of practical test. The above procedure is done by accessing the recorded audiovisual material, as well as the digital photos of the theoretical examination.
At the same time, and for the purpose of ascertaining the integrity of the practical testing procedure, the recorded audiovisual material must be used in the event of an accident, for a period not exceeding six (6) months from the practical examination.
κβ. Prospective drivers and drivers have the right to appeal against the result , exclusively electronically, by filling out a special electronic standardized form.
κγ. A system of evaluation of the process of practical examinations of candidate drivers and drivers, as well as the work of the examiners , is provided by the competent organizational unit of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport.
κδ. Establishment of private Centers for Assessment of Ability and Driving Preparation for the better service of people with mobility problems (type “INIOCHOS”), who were forced to go from all over Greece to Athens, since the assessment process was carried out only by the UN.
Provisions in the Draft Law for Historic Vehicles :
DG Part D of the bill includes 5 legislative regulations for the classification and circulation of historic vehicles .
The main points of the proposal can be summarized as follows:
- Designation of a vehicle as a vehicle of historical interest
Relevant certificate is issued exclusively by bodies that are designated and / or legally represented in Greece, for vehicles at least 30 years old.
The above bodies issue a certificate of conformity of a vehicle of historical interest every 5 years. Vehicle designations of historical interest include those designated by the Ministry of National Defense as designation and certification bodies for military vehicles constructed for the transport of passengers and utilized by the Hellenic Armed Forces.
- Issuance of traffic data (license and special plates) by the Transport and Communications Services of the Regions
After the issuance of the special license plates, the vehicle must be deleted from the Register of Vehicle Traffic Licenses of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport and registered in the Register of Vehicles of Historical Interest of the Ministry. License fee and license plates are paid.
The marketing authorization has a duration of five (5) years from the date of its issuance.
- Traffic of vehicles of historical interest
They circulate under the terms and conditions of articles 88 and 90 of the Code of Civil Procedure, are compulsorily insured and are allowed to circulate in the small ring. Traffic Fees are paid, with the exception of vehicles over 45 years of age and motor vehicles of historical interest not constructed for the carriage of passengers.
- Fines and penalties
For violations of the KOK, the sanctions provided by the KOK and the corresponding administrative fines are imposed. For violations of the provisions on compulsory car insurance, administrative fines and sanctions of the relevant legislation are imposed (pd. 237/1986), while for violations of the provisions of this law on the regulation of vehicles of historical interest, sanctions and fines are imposed, as the case may be. , the final removal of traffic data, the removal of traffic data for a period of one year, an administrative fine of 300 euros.
- Transitional stage until the implementation of the new framework
Vehicles that have already been designated as of historical interest before the entry into force of this law, obtain traffic data (special plates and license) in accordance with the provisions of this law.
The new framework enters into force 18 months after the publication of the law in the Government Gazette, in order for the administration to be able to meet the new requirements (specifications of special plates, construction, supply, etc.).
The Other Provisions of the Draft Law:
With Part V of this Act are regulated pressing issues under the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport.
The following are briefly provided:
- A single age limit for drivers of trucks or buses for public or private use is established, ie a maximum age of 69 years, as well as a maximum age for school bus drivers of 65 years.
- A contribution of 5% is imposed on the total of the annual gross receipts that result from the current tariff decision of the urban and long-distance KTEL SA. and KTEL, of D.E.A.S. KO and RODA for the renewal of buses and the implementation of urban and long-distance KTEL infrastructure projects and the payment of the 1% contribution for the support of the weaker KTEL and KTEL SA is abolished. and the elaboration of studies and modernization projects of these bodies, which was deposited, until the validity of the present, in the special account that had been set up in the New Postal Savings Bank (now EUROBANK).
- Instead of the Passenger Transport Regulatory Authority (RAEM), the Transport and Communications Directorates of the respective Regional Units or Regions of the country, o. Thessaloniki Transportation Project Organization (OSETH) for public transport performed within the limits of P.E. Thessaloniki, the Regional Tourism Services (P.Y.T.), for the international regular road passenger transport with countries of the European Union and third countries.
- The used E.D.X. cars TAXI category EURO 5 or EURO V or newer technology that are put into circulation for the first time from the date of validity of the regulation until 31.12.2021, may be older than five (5) years, if a registration certificate has been issued from 01.09 .2021 and thereafter provided that, at the date of issue, five years have not elapsed from the year of first registration of the vehicle abroad, not including the year of issue of the registration certificate. The regulation is deemed necessary since vehicles have been imported to our country that were intended to circulate as E.D.X. vehicles, however, due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, it was not possible to put them on the market, as the market of E.D.X. vehicles suffered significant economic consequences due to the pandemic and there was no possibility of replacing the E.D.X. vehicle.
- Uniform issues are regulated regarding the granting of the right of an ideal share on the registration of a Public Passenger (EDX) car.
- Issues of establishment and operation of the Disciplinary Boards are regulated for issues of E.D.X. cars.
- The highest educational institutions of the country are defined as bodies of training and examination of the auditing staff of Public and private K.T.E.O ..
- Attempts are made, through the assignment of responsibility to the Railway Regulatory Authority, to control the compliance of the Railway Companies and the Infrastructure Manager with regard to their obligations to the training centers.
- Ensuring the financial viability and the smooth operation of OSE, through the immediate payment of the relevant monthly state financing to it by establishing the unseized of its bank accounts in the hands of the State or third parties, the prohibition of offsetting of these financing for debts of OSE to the tax administration and the State in general, insurance funds, etc.
- Extension of the validity of the regulatory terms of the Collective Labor Agreements for the bodies of the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure whose three-month extension of validity has expired.
- Possibility of O.A.S.A. to derogate, by way of derogation from the provisions on public contracts of Law 4412/2016 (AD147), to award contracts by recourse to the negotiation procedure without publication under Article 269 of Law 4412/2016 for the purpose of procurement, installation , commissioning, maintenance and support of equipment for the automatic fare collection system in order to serve the health-safe operation of fixed-line means of transport.
Source – aftodioikisi.gr