Weather change today Wednesday 30-10-2019 with heavy rain and thunderstorms
According to the Extraordinary Deterioration Weather Report, issued today Wednesday, October 30, 2019 by the National Weather Service (NMS) , the weather will change from Wednesday (30-10-2019) to the west with heavy rains and thunderstorms. , which will probably be accompanied temporarily by hail and strong winds.
In more detail they will be affected:
1. In the evenings of Wednesday (30-10-2019) and Thursday (31-10-2019)
A) The Ionian Islands , the Western Solidarity , the Western Peloponnese and possibly Epirus . From Thursday afternoons, the effects will be limited to the southwest and attenuated at night.
B) Central Macedonia from early morning until late afternoon.
C) Thessaly from Thursday mornings, the Sporades and gradually the Eastern Solids and Euboea .
2. On Friday (01-11-2019)
In the early hours of Euboea and by noon probably the Northern Cyclades and the Dodecanese .
Citizens can be updated daily for the development of exceptional weather events to regular weather reports of CMH and the CMH website at www.emy.gr .
The General Secretariat for Civil Protection ( www.civilprotection.gr ) of the Ministry of Citizen Protection has informed the relevant state departments involved, as well as the regions and municipalities of the country, to be on high alert to respond promptly. the effects of severe weather events.
At the same time, the General Secretariat for Civil Protection recommends that citizens be particularly cautious, taking care to take self-protection measures against the risks arising from severe weather events .
In particular, in areas where heavy rainfall, thunderstorms or thunderstorms are forecast :
- Secure objects which, if carried away by severe weather, may cause injury or injury.
- Ensure that the house’s gutters and gutters are not clogged and functioning properly.
- Avoid crossing streams and streams, on foot or by car, during thunderstorms and rainfalls, but also for several hours after the end of their event
- Avoid rural activities and activities in marine and coastal areas during severe weather events (risk of lightning strikes).
- Protect immediately during a hail break. Refuge in a building or in a car and leave the safe area only when they are satisfied that the storm has passed. Hail can also be very dangerous for animals.
- Avoid crossing under large trees, under signboards and generally in areas where light objects (eg pots, broken glass, etc.) can detach and fall to the ground (eg under balconies) .
- To follow the instructions of local authorities, such as Traffic Police, etc.
Citizens can visit the ELAS website for information and announcements on the current state of the road and the flooding of the road due to flooding. www.astynomia.gr .
For more information and guidance on severe weather, citizens can visit the website of the General Secretariat for Civil Protection at www.civilprotection.gr .
Locally Lightning has been threatening since this Morning and is building to the north west of Kefalonia at present, at the moment it looks relatively small to the ones we had earlier this Autumn, but fingers crossed for Agia Efimia area if this storm grows and brings heavy rain.