Athens, 06 August 2020
After an extraordinary meeting that ended a while ago at the Operations Center of Civil Protection and based on the new epidemiological data on the island of Poros by order of the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection and Crisis Management, Nikos Hardalias, in consultation with Professor Sotiris Tsiordas and by decision The Secretary General of Civil Protection, Vassilios Papageorgiou , for urgent reasons to address a serious risk to public health and in particular to limit the spread of the effects of COVID-19, the following restrictive measures were decided:
- Prohibition of operation of all stores of health interest from 23.00 to 07.00 of the next day.
- Suspension of any kind of event such as live parties, trade fairs, processions, public markets, etc.
- Prohibition of any kind of gathering of citizens over 9 people for any reason, both in public and in private.
- In the dining areas a maximum number of people is allowed at each table up to 4 people, unless they are first degree relatives where up to 6 people are allowed.
- It is mandatory to use a mask throughout the island both outdoors and indoors .
It is noted that in consultation with the Ministry of Finance for the affected companies, an employment contract of the employees may be suspended (a JMC is expected to be issued with the companies that will be entitled to be subject to the relevant regulation).
Tomorrow morning, members of the National Transparency Authority (EAD), a 10-member special unit of the Hellenic Police for intensification of compliance with the measures, as well as a special unit of the Coast Guard for the faithful implementation and supervision of measures in its areas of supervision.
Finally, the above restrictive measures are valid for 10 days from 06.00 on 07-08-2020 until 17-8-2020 at 06.00