The Vice Mayor of Kefalonia and Ithaca Stavros Travlos was interviewed on inkefalonia radio yesterday and some of the relevant headlines are as follows;
- A 4.5 km bypass that will run from Mousata to Simotata is seen as a high priority to remove the need for lorries to go through the villages of Livathos on their journey from the port at Poros towards Argostoli.
- The installation of new underground pipe to divert floodwater from Aghia Efimia was a clear priority and is being progressed now along with consideration of other systems to protect the area from future flooding.
- Quality tourism using the islands historic and natural features will targeted opposed to mass tourism.
- Archaeological museum of Argostoli is a high priority to improve and reopen.
- Good to see people expressing their concerns about hydrocarbon mining at recent Regional Meeting but concern with some of the language used.