In particular, the Commission recommends the abolition of the use of the vaccination and disease certificate for access to all areas closed and open from 1 May, while with regard to the mandatory use of a mask, experts propose that it remain a measure for indoor use and public transport. The abolition of the use of the certificate concerns both tourists and entry into the country.
As the Minister of Health had announced, “from May 1, the use of the vaccination and disease certificate for access to all closed and open areas will be lifted. The lifting will be valid until August 31 and will be re-examined, while access to work for the unvaccinated will be done with a rapid test per week “.
In today’s interview with SKAI, Mr. Plevris said:
The basic framework for de-escalation of measures has been announced, we have presented it. Some issues related to special protocols and procedures for entering the interior these will be discussed today in the Committee of Experts and we will have the suggestion.
• From the 1st of May until the 31st of August, a series of measures are suspended such as the demonstration of the vaccination / disease certificate and the metric characteristics that exist on the premises.
• The mask may not be removed indoors because the mask is a gentle measure. What we are saying is that for May at least there will be a mask and from there it will be decided what will happen from June. It will depend on the epidemiological picture. As for the part of the mask neither the social nor the economic life is disturbed. The mask is a protective measure.
• There will be no complacency. Even with the mutation we have now, when we get back into the fall and winter months, there will be a logical upsurge which will be at the levels of the severe flu we used to have.
• We are not done, so we are not talking about the abolition of measures but about suspension.
Pending the ECDC’s recommendation on the course of vaccinations
• We are waiting for the final results and suggestions from the ECDC to see how we will go about vaccination from now on.
• This is a purely scientific issue. Politically, we would all like to be able to get to a point where the Covid vaccine is like the flu vaccine and we do not have to call on the population to be vaccinated at regular intervals.
But this is a scientific issue. The companies are working in this direction but we do not know if we will be ready to go in such a direction or if an additional installment will be needed until the companies can respond to such a scenario “.