Nikos Hardalias announced how the movements with ships and planes will take place in his time due to a corona.
The sub. Civil Protection announced the details of the health protocols for air and ferry transport.
- Determining the maximum number of passenger passengers at 50% of the total number of passengers specified in the ship’s safety certificate, or at 55% if cabins are available.
- Thermometry and the completion of a special health status questionnaire before boarding the ship and maintaining it with the care of the shipping company. The questionnaire will also be available on a special website.
- The maintenance of a distance of 1.5 meters during boarding, disembarkation and in all areas of the ship.
The use of each cabin by one (1) person, unless it is a family (first degree relatives), so it can be up to 4 people, or disabled with their companion.
- The use of a mask (fabric is recommended) by passengers and crew members.
- The special layout of the passengers in air seats (one seat occupied and one seat empty, adjacent, front and rear).
- Thermometry and the submission of a special health declaration, before departure, for the passengers of international ferries on the lines Greece-Italy.
- Informing passengers about the measures with a printed brochure of EODY, as well as information spots and audio messages.
Special crew training.
- The application of rules of personal hygiene and protection and the existence of antiseptic stations in various parts of the ship.
- Ship cleaning and disinfection,
- Ventilation and air conditioning of ships,
- The management of a suspicious incident (isolation in a special area, disembarkation at the next port which has the necessary capacity for its management, tracking of contacts, etc.),
- The rules of operation of passenger service points (bars, restaurants, dining rooms).
What about flights?
As announced, in order to protect passengers and citizens from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) announces the following aviation instructions:
- The suspension of all passenger flights from and to Greece with Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands is extended until 31 May 2020 at 23:59.
- The temporary ban on flights to and from Albania and Northern Macedonia is extended until June 14, 2020 at 23:59.
- The ban on all flights to the Greek Territory regarding Turkey is extended until June 14, 2020 at 23:59
- Only at Athens Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” (DAA), arrivals / departures of international flights, the specific aviation directive is valid until May 31, 2020 and time 23:59
* Remains in force until May 31, 2020 at 23:00 : 59, the temporary ban on entry into the country of non-European citizens.
It is pointed out that domestic flights, which are normally operated so far but in limited numbers, are expected to gradually restore frequencies and connections from Monday, May 18 due to the lifting of the travel ban in the country.
Cargo, sanitary, humanitarian aid, ferry flights only with its ferry flights, state flights, the state, are excluded from the temporary suspension of flights. flights stating that they are in a state of emergency, military flights (military, these flights are not valid for Turkey), Frontex flights, refueling, support flights of our National Health System and repatriation flights Greek citizens.