Greek coronavirus daily update – 20 new cases today and no further deaths

EODY announced 20 new cases of the new coronavirus on Thursday, June 11.

According to the Ministry of Health, the total number of cases is 3,088 , of which 55.0% are men. 692 (22.4%) are considered travel-related from abroad and 1752 (56.7%) are related to an already known case.

14 of our fellow citizens are being treated for intubation complications due to coronavirus. Their average age is 75 years. 6 (42.9%) are women and the rest are men. 78.6% have an underlying disease or are over 70 years of age. 115  patients have been discharged from the ICU.

Finally, according to the announcement, we have no new recorded deaths and we remain at 183 deaths due to coronavirus in the country as a whole. 56 (30.6%) women and the rest men. The median age of our deceased fellow citizens was 76 years and 95.6% had an underlying disease and / or age 70 and older.

Party of 1,000 people in Alimos on Wednesday
More than 1,000 people crowded Wednesday night at a well-known beach bar in Alimos . Crowds gathered in the same area without even observing the anti-coronation protection measures.

That is why, as the mayor of Alimos, Andreas Kondylis, stated on OPEN TV and the show “Open Greece”, the party was unprecedented. A two-month lockout was imposed on the store and a fine of 20,000 euros was imposed. ” He added that at noon on Thursday, a step will be taken by the municipality to execute the decision.

Sypsas: The danger to the corona is the behavior of the citizen
“This is not yet a time for panic, but it is certainly not a good development,” said infectious disease specialist Nikos Sypsas , who has been trying to worsen the picture of the coronavirus epidemic in recent days.

As he said in his SKAI news bulletin, in March and April people were following the state’s instructions, but suddenly they believe theories that the virus has disappeared, that all this is exaggeration and other fake news. “The big risk is the behavior of the citizen. There we are in danger of a pandemic and not of the rest “, the infectious disease specialist noted.

Preliminary examination for coronavirus cases in Lamia
Earlier, the Lamia Prosecutor of First Instance ordered a preliminary investigation to investigate whether the 28-year-old, who was to remain under house arrest, broke the quarantine, resulting in an increase in the risk of coronavirus in Fthiotipida and the report.

The preliminary investigation investigates possible criminal acts. The prosecutor’s order was given on Thursday morning (today) and after the large scale of the case with the 9 positive cases and dozens of more molecular tests and quarantine imposed on at least 39 people who came in contact with people who were positive for the virus. or suspiciously.

It was preceded by a visit by the mayor of Lamia, Efthymios Karaiskos this morning to the prosecutor’s office at the courthouse. The mayor called for the law to be implemented in relation to all state measures to tackle the pandemic and prevent it from spreading. He also thanked the prosecutor for their cooperation so far.

It should be reminded that the 28-year-old is being treated at the University Hospital of Larissa after he contracted the deadly virus, as did his mother, grandmother and grandfather, who came from America. .

The 28-year-old allegedly broke the quarantine and moved uncontrollably to both Atalanti and Lamia, just a few days after returning from the United States.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!