The government is announcing a package of shields against the increased energy prices today (08.10.2021) in order to face the “storm” of precision that is coming. Heating allowance for natural gas , increased subsidy for electricity.
The government announces in detail the plan to support households, with heating and electricity allowances , in the face of explosively rising prices . The total package is estimated at 500 million.
The aim is to minimize the effects of the energy price explosion on households.
The government interventions will move in the following axes:
- It will be reduced horizontally by 25% of the price increases for natural gas a percentage which will be absorbed by DEPA.
- Heating allowance will also be given to those who use natural gas .
- Adopted new enlarged income criteria for those who will receive the heating allowance . The increase will be of the order of 20% -30% with doubling the amount of the total subsidy from 100 to 200 million euros.
- The subsidy of all electricity consumers is increased, whether they are customers of PPC or private providers, based on the data so far, the subsidy is 200 million euros by the end of the year translates into a discount of 9 euros per 300 Kwh. The budget is increased to 300 million euros, according to the latest information, and the subsidy is increased in the area of 14 euros.
What are the new expanded criteria?
The new income limits on the basis of which the heating allowance will be granted are expected to be formed:
- Up to 16,000 euros for the unmarried from 12,000 euros that was valid for last winter season.
- Up to 26,000 euros for couples from 20,000 euros last year. For each protected child the allowance will be increased by 3,000 or 4,000 euros from the current 2,000 euros.
- Up to 28,000 euros for single-parent families from 22,000 euros last year with an increase of 3,000 or 4,000 euros for each protected child.
The property criteria will remain unchanged. This means that in order to receive an allowance, the bachelor must own buildings and plots within the city plan with a total objective value of up to 130,000 euros, married and cohabiting taxpayers must have buildings and plots within the city plan plots of up to 250,000 euros and single-parent families to have real estate up to 250,000 euros.
The fall in prices did not last long
In the end, the trend that had formed with the fall in oil and gas prices did not last. Yesterday (07.10.2021) they finally closed with an increase, deleting the losses recorded in the conference, with the market being stimulated by the news transmitted by Bloomberg that the US Department of Energy is not considering the use of emergency oil reserves “at the moment” , nor does it seek to ban crude exports in the face of the energy crisis.
Against this background, US crude for November delivery rose 87 cents, or 1.1%, to settle at $ 78.30 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Brent crude for December delivery was at a similar pace, gaining 87 cents, or 1.1%, to $ 81.95 a barrel on ICE Futures Europe.
As for November delivery futures in the US for gas, they closed the session by erasing the 2% losses recorded earlier to add 0.02 cents to $ 5.677 per million thermal units.
Source – newsit.gr