The pandemic is changing the attitude of British travelers towards the way they book their future vacations.
More than two-thirds of Britons will make a reservation through a travel agent because they “appreciate the support and advice they give,” according to research by the Advantage Travel Partnership from April 19 to May 3, 2020.
Reservations through travel agents
- 79% travelers aged 70 and over
- 55% of travelers aged 18 to 30 years.
According to the survey, more than two-thirds want to travel abroad once the restrictions are lifted.
Greece in the top destinations
- At the top of short-distance destinations is Spain, followed by Greece, Turkey and Portugal.
- Mexico and Florida are the preferred long-distance destinations.
How much will they spend on vacation?
- More than three-quarters of Britain’s holiday budgets for the next 12 months will either remain unchanged or rise as much as 86%.
- Those under the age of 30 are at least twice as likely as any other age group to increase their vacation budget for the next 12 months.
The pandemic, according to the survey, “gave one-fifth of British travelers a different perspective on life and therefore compiles a new list of travel destinations.”
source – tourismtoday.gr