Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (139) people were arrested and (66) cases of manslaughter, theft and burglary, trafficking and possession of narcotics, and other offenses
In the context of the constant informing of the citizens about the results of the police response, the services of the General Regional Police Directorate of the Ionian Islands, for the period January 2019, data on all arrests and scouts are published in Corfu, Zakynthos, Kefalonia and Lefkada, as well as the most important cases involving the police.
- A total of 139 people were arrested, including (17) Kefalonia, (56) Corfu, (35) Zakynthos and (31) Lefkada.
From these arrests, they are distinguished (1) from homicide, (5) from theft-burglary, (10) even from trafficking and possession of drugs, and (19) the capture of illegitimate aliens.
- A total of (66) cases were distinguished from which they stand out:
- (1) a homicide
- (20) cases of theft and burglary
- (9) assumptions about drug trafficking and possession, and
- (36) for other offenses
During the investigation of the cases occupied by the Police Services, several items were seized, of which they are distinguished :
|Raw Cannabis||40 grams|
Indicatively, the assumptions made during the period under review stand out:
- The murder of a 29-year-old foreign man on 01.2019 in Corfu
- The investigation of eight (8) successive cases of thefts and burglaries, as well as three (3) more attempts on 10-01-2019 in Corfu
- Arrest of a native for violations of laws on weapons, antiquities, flares and fireworks on 29-01-2019 in Lefkada