IONIAN ISLANDS PRESS INFORMATION OFFICE
Corfu, 6 February 2020
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (389) persons were arrested and (76) cases involving aliens trafficking, theft and burglary, drug trafficking and possession, and other offenses were settled.
In the context of the continuous information of the citizens on the results of the police response, the services of the General Regional Police Directorate of the Ionian Islands, for the period January 2020, publicize all the arrests and exhumations in Corfu, Zakynthos, Zakynthos and Lefkada as well as the most important cases employed by the police.
1. A total of 389 individuals were arrested, of which 274 were in Corfu, (62) in Zakynthos, (31) in Kefalonia and (22) in Lefkada.
These arrests include (1) trafficking of aliens, (25) burglary, (26) trafficking and possession of narcotics, and (43) arrests of illegal aliens.
2. A total of (76) cases were resolved, distinguishing them from:
(1) alien trafficking case
(27) cases of theft and burglary
(25) drug trafficking and possession cases; and
(23) for other offenses
3. In the course of investigating the cases occupied by the police services, several items were seized from them :
|Amount of money||4,204 euros|
Indicatively, the cases that were solved during the period considered include:
Arrest of a citizen in Cephalonia on 16-01-2020 because of a European arrest warrant pending against him
The arrest of a national, on 20-01-2020 , for trafficking cocaine in Corfu
On 21-01-2020 , nine (9) cases of car violations and one attempt in Zakynthos were resolved
Arrest, 30-01-2020 , 20-year-old trafficker for the illegal transfer of four foreigners to Lefkada