Corfu, 04 December 2019
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (298) people were arrested and (58) cases related to fatal injury, theft and burglary, drug trafficking and possession, and other offenses were settled.
In the context of the continuous information of the citizens on the results of the police response, the services of the Ionian Islands Regional Police Directorate General for the period November 2019, public information on all arrests and landings in Corfu, Zakynthos, Zakynthos and Lefkada, as well as the most important cases that the police services were involved in.
1. A total of 298 individuals were arrested, including (33) in Kefalonia, (191) in Corfu, (24) in Zakynthos and (50) in Lefkada.
These include (26) arrests for drug trafficking and possession, (11) thefts and burglaries, and (62) arrests for violations of aliens law.
2. A total of (58) cases have been resolved, of which:
a case of fatal bodily harm
(13) cases of theft and burglary
(22) drug trafficking and possession cases; and
(23) for other offenses
3. In the course of investigating the cases of the police services, several items were seized from them :
|Raw cannabis||525 grams|
Indicatively, the cases that were solved during the period considered include:
The case was solved on 08-11-2019 in the case of a 71 year old resident of Zakynthos.
The extermination, on 17-11-2019 case of fatal injury in Ithaca.
The arrest, on 22-11-2019, of a national for the transportation of raw hemp in Corfu.
The resolution, on 25-11-2019 of three (3) cases of deception of citizens, in Corfu.