IONIAN ISLANDS JOURNALISTS INFORMATION OFFICE
Corfu, October 5, 2020
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of (513) people were arrested and (116) cases related to theft and burglary, drug trafficking and possession, as well as other crimes were investigated.
In the context of the continuous information of the citizens, regarding the results of the police response, of the services of the General Regional Police Directorate of the Ionian Islands, for the period of September 2020, data concerning the total arrests and investigations in Corfu, Zakynthos, Kefalonia are published. and Lefkada as well as the most important cases that concerned the police services.
1. A total of (513) people were arrested, of which (299) in Corfu, (93) in Zakynthos, (87) in Kefalonia and (34) in Lefkada.
Among these arrests stand out (10) for theft-burglary, (22) for trafficking and possession of drugs and (48) for illegal entry and stay of illegal aliens.
2. A total of (116) cases were investigated, of which:
(14) cases of theft and burglary
(16) cases of drug trafficking and possession; and
(86) for other offenses
3. During the investigation of the cases that concerned the Police Services, various items were confiscated, from which they stand out :
|Raw hemp||1,055 grams|
Indicatively, from the cases that were investigated during the examined period, the following stand out:
The arrest, on 03.09.2020 , of a foreigner for continuous theft in Corfu
The arrest, on 04.09.2020 , of a native for drug trafficking in Kefalonia.
The arrest, on 07.09.2020 , of a foreigner persecuted with an International Arrest Warrant in Corfu
The dismantling, on 08.09.2020 , of a gang that trafficked heroin in Corfu
The arrests, on 12.09.2020 , on 16.09.2020 and on 30.09.2020 , for the cultivation of hemp seedlings in Corfu