IONIAN ISLANDS PRESS INFORMATION OFFICE
Corfu, 1 4 August 2019
Monthly activity of the police services of the Ionian Islands
A total of 462 people were arrested and 174 cases solved involving attempted homicide, attempted robbery, theft and burglary, trafficking and possession of drugs, and other offenses.
In the context of the continuous information of the citizens on the results of the police response, the services of the General Regional Police Directorate of the Ionian Islands, for the period of July 2019, publicize all the arrests and exterminations in Corfu, Zakynthos, Zakynthos, and Lefkada as well as the most important cases employed by the police.
1. A total of 462 persons were arrested, of whom (94) in Kefalonia, (187) in Corfu, (131) in Zakynthos and (50) in Lefkada.
These include one for attempted homicide, (3) attempted robbery, (39) another for trafficking and possession of narcotics, and (58) arrests for violations of aliens legislation.
2. A total of (174) cases were resolved from which:
(1) Attempted homicide
(1) attempted robbery case
(25) cases of theft and burglary
(36) drug trafficking and possession cases; and
(111) for other offenses
3. In the course of investigating the cases occupied by the police services, several items were seized from them :
|Raw cannabis||3 , 050 grams|
|Amount of money||2,900 euros|
Indicatively, the cases that were solved during the period considered include:
The detection on 1/7/2019 case of heroin trafficking in Corfu.
The arrests, on 22-07-2019 of eighteen (18) foreigners, at Zakynthos and Kefalonia airports, who attempted to travel illegally to European countries
The location, on 26-07-2019, of a hydroponic cannabis cultivation laboratory in Corfu.
The extermination, on 31-07-2019 case of attempted murder of a foreigner in Corfu.