Following the information regarding the cases of covid-19 in the Municipality of Sami, we announce that the sampling tests of covid-19 have been completed, in D.E. Ερίσου. In a total of 131 rapid-tests, no positives were presented.
Regarding the operation of the schools in our Municipality, it is known that the current legislation does not allow the temporary cessation due to covid-19 by the Municipalities or the Regions, but by the competent Ministry. The Municipality of Sami with its document no. Prot: 1179 / 18.02.2021 has already requested from the Minister the temporary cessation of the school units due to the increase of the cases of Covid-19, but this request has not been accepted until today. .
The operation of the school units of pre-school, primary and secondary education due to the declaration of the island in a state of increased danger is:
- The nurseries of the Municipality will remain closed by decision of the Mayor on Monday 22/02/21 and Tuesday 23/02/21 , due to increased cases of coronavirus in the area and the need to protect the health of students.
- The kindergartens and primary schools in the departments and Pilaros will normally open on Monday 22/02/21 .
- The Kindergarten of Sami and the Primary School of Sami will remain closed by decision of the Mayor on Monday 22/02/21 and Tuesday 23/02/21 as disinfection works will be carried out due to the increased viral load, in order to limit the spread as well as maintenance works of central heating installations.
- The Gymnasium and Lyceum of Sami , will continue to operate with distance education until 24/02/21 .
- The High School of Mesovounia , as it is a High School with Lyceum classes, as defined in the protocol for the “red” areas, will operate with e-education from Monday 22/02/2021.
We stay home, we follow the instructions of EODY, we reduce the dispersion in the community.
Press Office of the Municipality of Sami