The new measures to support households and businesses were announced by the financial staff , in the wake of the escalation of the energy crisis . As the Minister of Finance Christos Staikouras said :
- We enhance the reduction of electricity by doubling it with special care to households with a social tariff
- The heating allowance increases (+ 36% to + 68%) for over 1 million households. Also, the surcharge will be doubled (20% instead of 10%) for each child.
“Rise in commodity prices is a threat to the recovery, especially increases in energy, constitute an energy crisis. European crisis, but also temporary. But an acute crisis that has greater intensity and extent than the initial forecasts. Which causes a significant burden on households. This crisis highlights a new challenge for Greece and the EU Member States “, said Mr. Staikouras initially and then announced the actions for the support of the citizens.
For his part, the Minister of Energy, Costas Skrekas , announced:
- Subsidy at 60 euros from 30 euros per megawatt hour, ie 18 euros per kilowatt hour per month instead of 9 euros that was initially announced
- 80 euros for the beneficiaries of social invoice 24 euros per month
- Especially for gas consumers 15% discount.
Changes in heating allowance
The Deputy Minister of Finance, Theodoros Skylakakis , specialized the changes in the heating allowance . Specifically, as he said, the allowance is extended to the amount and number of beneficiaries.
- The calculation base of the allowance is increased, from 220 euros, to 300 euros (this amount is multiplied by the degree days, which are a factor ranging from 0.12 to 1.62 depending on the cold of the region).
- The allowance for each child will be increased by 20%, instead of 10%, which was valid until today.
- The minimum allowance is increased to 100 euros, from 80 euros.
- The maximum allowance increases to 750 euros, from 650 euros.
1. In the center of Athens (with a daily rate of 0.43) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 114 euros last year, to 181 euros this year.
2. In the center of Thessaloniki (with a daily rate of 0.71) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 188 euros last year, to 299 euros this year.
3. In Kozani (with a daily rate of 1.12) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 295 euros last year, to 469 euros this year.
4. In Florina (with a grade point average of 1.18) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 312 euros last year, to 496 euros this year.
Extending membership criteria
- Income criteria increase:
- From 12,000 for the unmarried, to 14,000 euros.
In the case of a family, the allowance amounts to 20,000 euros, which will be increased by 3,000 euros for each child, instead of the 2,000 euros that was valid until today. Therefore the income limit is increased:
1. From 24,000 for the family with two children, to 26,000 euros,
2. From 26,000 for the family with three children, to 29,000 euros.
Asset criteria increase:
- From 130,000 value of real estate for the unmarried, to 180,000 euros.
- From 250,000 value of real estate for the married, to 300,000 euros.
Based on the above, 80% of the households that will consume the subsidized forms of fuel (DIESEL), natural gas, LPG, firewood and biomass (pellets) are expected to be eligible. They consume these forms of fuel, of which about 1.45 million households are eligible for this allowance.
The procedure for submitting an expression of interest for the granting of the allowance to the beneficiaries through the relevant platform and the relevant dates for submission of applications and payments, will be specified within the month, with the issuance of the relevant Joint Ministerial Decision.
The cost of the allowance is expected to rise, from 84m euros budgeted for this year, to 168m euros.
Source – ethnos.gr