Students and teachers of schools of all levels in the country will receive five free coronavirus self-tests from pharmacies from tomorrow Wednesday (19.1.2022) until next Saturday.
Students and teachers of the schools will take the self tests to meet the control needs from Monday January 24 until Wednesday February 8.
The announcement of the Ministry of Education for the self tests in detail:
“Students of all levels, vaccinated and not, as well as vaccinated teachers, will be provided from Wednesday, January 19 to Saturday, January 22, five (5) free self-diagnostic (self) tests from pharmacies, in order to meet the needs control of the days from 24 January to 8 February 2022.
It is reminded that:
- the self-test takes place up to 24 hours before the arrival every Tuesday and Friday at school,
- Screening for the new coronavirus through self-test is mandatory for all students, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, as well as vaccinated teachers,
- all students from 4 to 18 years old as well as the vaccinated teachers must bring a negative self test certificate,
- the statement and the result for the public school units is registered in the platform edupass.gov.gr, from which the School Card for COVID-19 is issued,
- Teachers who are not vaccinated perform two rapid tests per week at their own expense up to 48 hours before the arrival of Tuesday and Friday.
- The edupass.gov.gr platform concerns only the public school units. The parents / guardians of the students / three who attend private schools and the vaccinated teachers continue to declare the result of the self-tests on the self-testing.gov.gr platform and to issue the School Card for COVID-19.
We continue to urge the parents of students 5 years and older to vaccinate their children, utilizing this powerful weapon of science against COVID-19 “.