The application valuemaps.gov.gr is put into operation , in order to accurately locate the zone of the objective identification system to which the property they are interested in belongs, but also to calculate its objective value , by completing the necessary relevant parameters. Through the application , all the zones of the system of objective determination of real estate values are captured – for the first time – on a digital, satellite map of Greece.
The citizen in a simple and fast way and without the need to use codes to enter the application, will now be able, by entering only the address of the property or the postal code, to search and accurately locate the area of interest and to extract all the information, which, until recently, was included only in the corresponding tables and in the paper map extracts of the previous ministerial decisions determining the zone prices.
Also, thanks to the multiple technologically advanced possibilities of the application, additional possibilities are provided for:
- Display all values in a single map, so that area values can be compared to draw useful conclusions.
- Mapping of the zones of the objective determination of real estate values with their unique coding on the satellite map of Greece.
- Calculation of the current fair value for properties within a city plan or settlement boundaries and within a system for objectively determining the value of real estate by entering calculation parameters. The zone prices, which have been recorded at the zone level, refer to the value of a newly built first floor property facing a street. Proportionally, through the application of capturing the characteristics of each house (age, facades, etc.), each citizen can calculate the current objective value of his property, selecting the facade and filling in the necessary data.
- Information, at the touch of a button, on how the new objective values will be formed from 1/1/2022.
- Locating a zone on the map with all its digitized elements and immediate identification of the areas outside the plan or outside the system of objective determination of real estate value until their inclusion.
In the coming months, the system is expected to be enriched, both with the digitization of the other forms for determining the fair value of real estate and with the introduction of digitized data, such as building planning factors and commercial factors, to fully automate the calculation of real estate value.
The second phase of the reform includes the development and implementation of an Information System for Mass Real Estate Valuations by creating an valuation model, which will take into account and simulate the prevailing real estate market conditions and market trends, based on statistical management and analysis methods. in accordance with European and international best practices.
In this context, the preparation has already begun, which is progressing at an intensive pace, with the aim of our country to acquire a modern system of objective determination of real estate values that will be harmonized with market developments and will create the conditions for taxation. real estate to ensure the dual objective of social justice and economic efficiency.
The implementation of the new digital tool is part of the technological and digital modernization, which is one of the four main axes of the reform of the framework for the objective determination of real estate values, which is being promoted by the Government, since the autumn of 2019.
The application was created in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Digital Governance, and in particular the General Secretaries of Economic Policy Mr. Christos Triantopoulos and Public Administration Information Systems Mr. Demosthenes Anagnostopoulos, while for the development of the digital geographic map Information System), including the new areas – extensions and new zones – that were included in the system of objective real estate valuation by the Independent Department of Real Estate Appraisals and Value Assessment of the General Secretariat of Economic Policy, in collaboration with the relevant services of the General Secretariat Public Administration.