I can personally say this method worked yesterday for someone immediately who had applied 5 weeks ago and been rejected with an unhelpful email.
- Locate the form issued when you got your AFM number at the tax office
- Ensure your existing passport number is still associated with tax number
- Reapply at emvolio website using following options
- VAT (AFM) number – Yes
- ID document – Passport
- Enter surname, name(s), mothers name, fathers name, DOB, tax number, passport number etc exactly as detailed on your tax form (ΒΕΒΑΙΩΣΗ ΑΠΟΔΟΣΕΣ Α.Φ.Μ) in English
- Address (Street number)- – look for field on tax form (ΟΔΟΣ) enter the detail in this field in Greek
- Postal code- look for field on tax form (ΤΑΧ ΚΩΑ) enter the number
- Municipality – look for field on tax form (ΑΡΜΟΔΙΑ) for most it will be ΑΡΓΟΣΤΟΛΙΟΥ enter that in Greek
- Enter Greek mobile phone (important this is how you will get your temporary AMKA sent to you), email etc.
- Submit form
Hopefully as was the case yesterday when i completed the form it will almost instantly be checked via software, everything will match and a PAMKA will be sent via SMS.
You still have to wait up to two week before it is recognised but it is a massive step forward.