Covid19 controls for this Summer whilst holidaying in Greece – PLF
It is widely recognised Greece handled the pandemic well earlier this year and is now in a position to reopen its borders for safe tourism this season with some additional control measures to protect the local community and tourist alike.
The PLF form ( Passenger Locator Form)
The reason for this form is to allow the Greek authorities to check the origin (where you live) of all passengers arriving in Greece so they can evaluate who needs testing by consideration of your UK post code and the associated covid load in that area. It also provides your contact details in Greece should they need to contact you after a positive test or if you have been in close contact with someone who has been tested positive.
IT IS MANDATORY THE AIRLINE WILL REFUSE TO LET YOU BOARD THE AIRCRAFT IN UK UNLESS YOU HAVE COMPLETED ONE ( this must be a minimum of 24 hours beforehand but best to do it a week beforehand).
Link to form here
- Transportation type (most will select aircraft)
- Aircraft Flight Information (enter airline, flight code, date of flight & destination)
- Personnel information ( the names MUST be as detailed on passport, +44 then your UK mobile number with first 0 removed)
- Permanent address (this is your UK address, do not put gap in postcode)
- Temporary address ( The key fields are city & postcode, these are unlike UK and done by region, look for your city location here and it will show code)
- Emergency contact information
- Travel companions (add family members)
- You will get a confirmation email (check details are correct)
That’s it your done your QR code will be sent the day before you travel (10PM UK time) print or save to your phone you will be asked for it at UK and Greek airports.