In order to address the wounds left in its passage, the Ionian Islands Region in collaboration with the Civil Protection Directorate took the following actions:
1. Cleaning of streams and flood projects in the following areas: Sami, Makryotika, Karavomylos, Drakopoulos, Vassilopoulos, Dilinata, Agios Gerasimos, Diavarata
2. Immediate cleaning surgeries of the areas of Agia Intelligence and Assos that were most affected by the cyclone
3. Country Road Network: Opening roads in just a few hours
4. Early convening of S.O.P.P. Ionian Islands and S.O.P. of Kefalonia & Ithaca that contributed to:
– Closing schools
– Informative SMS (112)
– Citizen information through press release and social media
5. Immediate declaration of the law in a state of emergency
6. Arrival on the island of Kefalonia of the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection, Mr. Chardaliá, aiming to coordinate actions to address the consequences of Janos.
7. Immediate arrival of a special step of the Greek Army, aiming to help address disasters
8. Immediate funding of urgent needs for the restoration of material damage, 2 million per Municipality and 1.3 million in the IP of Kefalonia and Ithaca.
source – FB post of Περιφερειακή Ενότητα Κεφαλονιάς & Ιθάκης