It was made by Italian forces. From there, the Italian army controlled access to Ithaca, Etoloakarnania, and Lefkada. After the conquest in 1943 and the violent removal of the Italians, the Germans expanded the base with works, built underground warehouses and barracks.
With the collapse of the German state and their escape from Kefallonia, the Germans blew up a part of the base, and later a crash happened with two young people from the area killed by blasting ammunition.
Still there are the exploded bases of the guns and the fortified underground galleries. Until 1955 there were the guns, where they were sold by the state for scrap metal together with the cannons from the Assos fortress.
It is unknown whether the Italian occupation forces have found a pre-existing underground network of galleries that were later redeveloped.
This point of Kefalonia, which is the fortress, was not chosen at random, because despite the intense seismic activity of the island, this part, due to a special subsoil, provides a special seismic protection.
The Germans later blasted a large part of the underground network on their escape, so that no war material would fall into enemy hands.
IN CERTAIN POINTS, WE WELCOME WOODEN PASSALS LOCATED IN THE WALL OF THE STONES. POTENTIALS WERE SUCCESSFUL WITH THE WINDOW AND WERE HAPPENING THE STRUCTURES