The new measures for the coronavirus that will be valid in the next period are analyzed by Nikos Hardalias and Michalis Chrysochoidis.
In the briefing on dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, after the speech of Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis this morning, Nikos Hardalias clarified that now the four levels are merging into two. During the presentation, Mr. Hardalias presented all the measures that will now be applied in each area.
These are the Surveillance zones in yellow (the areas that were in green and yellow are included) and the High Risk zone in red (where the areas that were in orange and red are included).
Specifically, the areas that until now had relatively few cases, are now merging at level A (Surveillance) while the areas that were orange and red, now become level B (Increased Risk). 47 regions of the country are included in the level of first surveillance and 27 in the red “increased risk”. In more detail, these are:
Aitoloakarnania, Andros, Argolida, Arcadia, Arta, Achaia, Grevena, Evia, Evritania, Zakynthos, Ilia, Heraklion, Thassos, Thesprotia, Ithaca, Ikaria, Kalymnos, Karditsa, Karpathos-Kasos, Kea-Kythnos, Corfu, Kefalonia, Corinthia, Kos, Laconia, Lassithi, Lesvos, Lefkada, Limnos, Magnesia, Messinia, Milos, Mykonos, Attica Islands (except Salamina), Paros, Preveza, Rethymno, Rhodes, Samos, Sporades, Syros, Tinos, Fthiotida, Florina, Fokida, Chania, Chios
All the Regional Units of Attica and Piraeus except the islands, Viotia, Drama, Evros, Imathia, Thessaloniki, Thira, Ioannina, Kavala, Kastoria, Kilkis, Kozani, Larissa, Naxos (except Amorgos), Xanthi, Pella, Pieria, Rodopi, Serres, Trikala, Halkidiki
So what changes from Tuesday 3 November at 6am and for a month?
- We start with the measures that will be valid throughout the territory and will be uniform regardless of the level of health safety and protection of each area.
- The first and most important of these is the mandatory use of a mask everywhere, both indoors and outdoors throughout the country.
Because the mask in combination with keeping distance is currently the best means of protection we have at our disposal. It is the vaccine before the vaccine. Because if we all wear a mask and wear it properly, the chance of transmitting the virus is infinitesimal.
Please note that boarding public transport is no longer allowed without the use of a mask.
- Traffic is also expected to be restricted from midnight to 5am across the country.
The aim of the measure, as we have already mentioned, is to reduce unnecessary travel and evening gatherings, which favor the transmission of the virus.
It should be noted that travel for work and health reasons is obviously excluded from the measure.
- In addition, teleworking is at least 50% mandatory in both the private and public sectors.
Because teleworking ensures the continuity of professional activity, while at the same time protecting the health of employees and employers, as well as their families.
- Another horizontal measure, a measure with a nationwide scope that aims to limit the spread of the virus observed at younger ages, is the compulsory distance education in Higher Education Institutions. Only clinics and laboratories of senior students are excluded from the measure.
- In order to protect vulnerable groups of the population in the most effective way, the visit to all welfare structures, such as the Elderly Care Units, is also suspended throughout the country.
- Finally, retail, wholesale, schools, open archeological sites, hotels, industry and hairdressers remain open throughout the country and at all levels of health protection and safety. Why; Because, as we have already mentioned, the epidemiological data, as well as the data resulting from the tracing of the cases, show that the measures are observed in the specific cases and places, as a result of which the epidemiological picture of the country is not substantially burdened. It becomes clear, then, that we make every effort to avoid a total “freeze” of our daily lives. Besides, as the Prime Minister clarified, in contrast to the spring and the first phase of dealing with the pandemic, at this juncture and the package of measures, travel outside the prefecture is not prohibited.
So let’s summarize! Across the country, regardless of the level of health safety and protection of each area, the following applies:
- Mandatory use of mask everywhere.
- Traffic restriction from midnight to five in the morning.
- Prohibition of boarding public transport without a mask.
- Mandatory telework at least 50% in the private and public sector.
- Compulsory distance learning in universities.
- Suspension of visitation in all welfare structures.
- Open to all retail and wholesale, as well as industry. Schools open. The open-air archeological sites are open. Hotels and hairdressers are open.
- Second important change. From Tuesday the 4 levels of health safety and protection are merged into 2 levels in the following way:
- level 1 (green) and level 2 (yellow) are merged into level A ‘-supervision (yellow)
- respectively levels 3 (orange) and 4 (red) merge into level B ‘- increased risk (red).
What applies to areas included in Level B.
For the 27 “Increased Risk” areas, the following applies:
- The operation of all dining areas is suspended, except for the home delivery of food and the receipt from the store.
- The same will apply to entertainment, culture and sports venues
- Closes bars, cafes, cinemas, museums and theaters, as well as indoor gyms.
- However, travel outside the prefecture is not prohibited
Source – iefimerida.gr