- On Monday the 23rd of September the Mayor Mr. Theophilos Michalatos and the D / D Mr. Dionysios Minetos attended the Great Vespers of Our Lady of Mirtidiotissa in Tzanata.
- On Tuesday 24 September: -The Civil Protection Service has contributed with its machinery to cope with the effects of heavy rainfall in Agia Efimia. -The Mayor met with the President and Vice-President of the Argostoli Community. The cooperation between the Municipality and the Community was discussed and an exchange of views was held. -The Municipal Authority attended the liturgy of the icon of Panagia Drapaniotissa, patroness of Argostoli, who was transferred from the church of Drapanos to the Church of St. Spyridon at Lithostroto.
- On Thursday 26 September: Vice Mayor Spyros Samouris laid a wreath on the bust of George Blesa, Commander of the Queen Olga’s destroyer, outside the Argostoli Port Authority, in the context of a memorial service and glory to our compatriot. The Lyceum of Hellenes had a ceremonial visit and met with the Deputy Mayor Mr. George Tsilimidos. Mayor George Tsilimidos met with ELMEKI representatives. Issues related to the proper functioning of the educational community and interventions to be implemented were discussed
- On Thursday 26 and Friday 27 September the Mayor Mr. Theophilos Michalatos together with the Mayor Mr. Dionysios Minetos participated in the 1st Conference for the Creation of a Smart and Sustainable City co-organized by the Municipality of Trikala and e-Trikala.
- On Friday, September 27th, Mayor John Tsilimidos attended a meeting in the Region to assess the effects of Thomas Cook’s bankruptcy on the local economy and ways to mitigate this impact.
- From Friday 27 September until Friday 4 October, the Postal Service will not accept any public service due to the removal and coverage of outstanding issues arising from the establishment of the New Municipality. Citizens these days will be served by the CAPs. Argostoli, Livathous, Elliou-Pronnon and Omalas. The Registry Office will operate normally at the Loutras building, 21 May street from Monday 7 October (Public Service Hours 08.00 – 13.30)
- By decisions of the Mayor, the members of the Financial Committee and the Committee on Quality of Life were appointed (Mayor Decisions 28/1746 / 25-09-2019 FDA O15N46MTT-A7O and 29/1747 / 25-09-2019 FDA O2N46MTT-MFJ).
- The clean-up of public areas, the repair of electricity, the change of traffic signs and the demarcation of sidewalks have continued intensively.
- In the context of our city’s cleanliness, the illumination of the illuminated posters was cleaned. We urge Citizens to respect the existing provisions on outdoor advertising.
From the Mayor’s Office