Michalatos: Series of meetings in ministries and bodies on issues of operation and organisation of the Municipality of Argostoli
Monday 21 October:
- The Mayor, the Vice Mayors Mr. Tsilimidos and Mr. Minetos as well as the President of DEYAK Mr. Spathis participated in the meeting on the acceleration of the current NSRF at OP PIN 2014 – 2020 and the preparation of the NSRF 2021 -2027 held in Damascus “The Head”. At the meeting, the Ionian Regional Governor Mrs. Rodi Kratsa and the Managing Authority Mr. Costas Aspiotis briefed on the progress of the program. The following discussion identified the pending of the projects and actions already included in the NSRF, with participants emphasizing the importance of coordinating and accelerating procedures, utilizing resources, and preparing for the next period.
Tuesday October 22:
- The Deputy Mayor Mr. Tsilimidos participated in a meeting held with the Regional Education Director Mr. Petros Angelopoulos at the Office of the Vice-Chancellor. The meeting was attended by the bodies of Self-Government, A / V and Secondary Education. The topics of interest to the participants were the transfer of students to school units, the housing of school units at all levels, the filling of teacher vacancies and, in general, the smooth and smooth functioning of schools
- A series of meetings in ministries and bodies on issues of operation and organization of the municipality were held by the Mayor Mr. Theofilos Michalatos in Athens.
- With the President of the Hellenic Society for the Environment & Culture Mrs. Karras and the Vice-President Mr. Stamatopoulos . The meeting discussed the cooperation of the Municipality of Argostoli with the Company in the field of film screening in order to raise environmental awareness, to create cultural paths and to grant the works of the painter Gerasimos Steris to the established Municipal Art Gallery of Argostoli.
- With Mr. Fokas Gerasimos , president of the Electra Hotels and Resorts group, for the purpose of offering the necessary equipment for the transportation of the food of the Argostoli Municipal Nursing Home from Agios Andreas to the new building.
- With the Secretary General of the Ministry of the Interior Mr. Stavrianoudakis . The Mayor presented the problems and difficulties that our Municipality faces due to the split and requested financial support to enable the Municipality to meet its obligations.
- With President Mr. Xenophon , the Managing Director Mr. Lambiri , the Project Manager Mr . Karamanane of the Private Property Fund of the State regarding the immediate exploitation of the Marina Argostoli.
- With the General Manager of Hellenic Tourist Real Estate SA Mrs Michalopoulou regarding the old police building in Argostoli, unfinished plots in Poros, Xenia and Trapezaki.
Finally, on Friday with our Municipality Administrative Director Mr. Stylianos Pavlatos participated in a seminar on the Establishment and Operation of Internal Audit Units in the Local Authorities and Decentralized Administrations organized by the General Secretariat for the Fight against Corruption and Corruption the support of EXPERTISE FRANCE, as part of the technical assistance program provided by the French Government to the Ministry of Administrative Reconstruction for administrative reform in Greece.
Saturday October 26:
- As part of the Mayor of Argostoli cooperation with the honorary consul of Serbia in Kefalonia Mr. Victor Rouchota held the one the Artistic introductory meeting and exchange of views between Kefalonians and Serbian artists . All the Cephalonian artists attended the meeting and met their Serbian colleagues. The event was attended by the former Rector of the Belgrade Academy of Fine Arts, Mr. Milos Sobajic, a world-renowned artist.
- By Mayor Decision 78/3132 / 16-10-2019, Mr. Nikolaos Frantzis was appointed Secretary General of the Municipality of Argostoli , an experienced executive, both elected and civil servant, with a profound knowledge of self-management processes. and the needs that have arisen from the split of the Municipality of Kefalonia.
- Finally, in the intense and continuous framework of cleaning and dignity of the public areas of our Municipality, maintenance and cleaning works of the Napier Garden, the Vallian Square and its pedestrian streets, the stone-pavement, Tsigante street, with the help of the forestry were carried out. Pharaclata et al.
From the Mayor’s Office