Whale died after swallowing 40 pounds of plastic bags

The whale died of “gastric shock” – “It’s disgusting, we have not seen so much of a bag of whales before,” wrote on Facebook the experts who did the autopsy

The problem of “infesting” the seas from the plastics that people throw back the most tragic way of killing a young whale in the  Philippines .

In the stomach of the whale washed on a beach, experts identified plastic bags weighing 40 kilos that caused her death.

 
 
Biologists and volunteers from the D’Bone Collector Museum who performed the necropsy have been shocked by their findings.

Announcing the autopsy result of the  whale  washed off on March 19, experts said that among 40 pounds of bags they found “16 bags of rice, 4 bags of bananas and several shopping bags”.

“This is the largest amount of plastic that has been found in a whale. It’s disgusting. Measures must be taken against those who continue to treat the shells as large landfills “added to the post on Facebook.

The photos posted are “tough” as they show the large amounts of plastic in the stomach of the whale that died of “gastric shock”.

In  June last year  a whale in Thailand died after he swallowed more than 80 plastic bags weighing a total of about 8 kg.

source-patrisnews.gr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!