Deputy Minister of Development and Investment Nikos Papathanasis gave clarifications today about the Economic Activities that reopen on Monday, May 11 , emphasizing that 155,962 employees are returning to work, ie 22.5% of the employees who were suspended due to non-functioning of their businesses and 66,010 companies, ie 25% of the companies whose operation was suspended.
In particular, retail businesses will resume from their physical stores:
- audio and video equipment
- iron, paints and glass
- carpets, rugs and floor and wall coverings
- electrical home appliances
- furniture, lighting and other household items
- music and image recordings
- toys of all kinds of clothes
- footwear and leather goods
- watches and jewelry
- new and used items
Also, the following companies are restarting their physical stores:
- rental and leasing of leisure and sporting goods
- rental of videocassettes and records
- renting and renting other types of personal or household use, and
- as well as the shops that operate with cooperation agreements “shop in a shop”
On the same date, the companies will reopen the subject of retail trade in outdoor stalls and purchases of textiles, clothing and footwear as well as other items.
Finally, they reopen:
- amateur driving schools
- businesses dealing with gambling and betting in a physical store,
- as well as diet services.
Therefore, on Monday, May 11, in the second phase of the restart of the economy, 155,962 employees will return to work, ie 22.5% of the employees who were suspended due to non-functioning of their businesses. Also, 66,010 companies are reopening, ie 25% of the companies whose operations have been suspended.
All economic operators reopen with specific operating rules as follows:
For Retail businesses, the maximum number of people allowed (employees and customers) within the main area is calculated as follows:
For stores mainly on the surface
- Up to 20sqm: 4 people
- From 20-100 sqm: 4 people + 1 person per 10sqm
- Over 100sqm: 12 people + 1 person per 15sqm
Also, in case the area of the store exceeds 300sqm and is developed in more than one level, the level criterion also applies, ie it is allowed up to 1 person per 10sqm per floor.
- The opening hours of the stores are set at 10 am, except for the shops selling paints and other industrial items that are allowed to operate from 7:00 am.
- The mandatory distance of 1.5 meters between individuals applies.
- There is a strong recommendation for the use of a protective mask by staff and customers.
- And it is recommended not to use elevators. In case of need for use, the allowable occupancy limit is 40%. If there are escalators, the elevator may only be used by people with disabilities, the elderly and the power supply of the store.
For gambling and betting shops
- As for the rule of permitted persons within the main area of the stores, the same conditions apply as for retail trade,
- They are only allowed to operate without seated customers.
- And there is a strong recommendation for the use of a protective mask by staff and customers.
For Driving Schools
- The presence of customers is allowed only by appointment with the obligation to keep a list of customers that will be displayed in the audit bodies and
- The use of a protective mask is mandatory for both the instructor and the trainee.
Finally, the following are applicable to industrial enterprises on outdoor counters and markets:
- Minimum distance of 5 meters between the stalls of the sellers.
- Maximum percentage of participation in popular markets up to 50% of the original participants.
- Opportunity to participate with the same percentage of 50% in the parallel popular markets created to avoid overcrowding.
- And a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people.
In any case, the special importance of hand hygiene is self-evident.
The competent control bodies for the application of the operating rules are:
- The General Secretariat for Trade and Consumer Protection
- The Greek Police
- The Municipal Police
- The Port Authorities
- The Health Services of the local authorities of the first and second degree
- The Labor Inspectorate, and
- The National Transparency Authority.
source – aftodioikisi.gr